Brian goes beyond tax!
Brian is a tax advisory expert specialising in complex tax legislation matters.
Intelligent, straight talking, insightful and considered, that’s how most people would characterise Brian Richards. Brian is a highly regarded and sought after tax advisor. His depth of knowledge is a key reason why clients engage and trust him to provide them with the best outcomes to their concerns. Brian brings to a table a refreshing rigour. When navigating the complexities of tax legislation, he gives client’s a fresh perspective and position to consider. Brian not only identifies the immediate taxation issues but takes account of the future implications of his advice.
Brian is able to compartmentalise complex tax issues, allowing him to isolate the real issues from all the other challenges and apply extreme focus to the issues at hand in order to solve the problem. It’s this insight and ability to see things that others struggle to see, that makes him an unassailable asset to any practice needing his guidance and support.
Over his 40-plus years as a tax advisor, Brian has extensive experience in providing commercially focused and practical tax advice to accounting and legal firms in relation to their clients’ intricate tax matters. Throughout his extensive career, Brian has held positions as the senior tax counsel (partner) for a large accountancy practice before establishing Richards Advisory. The taxation matters that Brian has specialist expertise and provides advice for ranges from:
- Mergers to demergers
- Trust issues
- Negotiations with the ATO; and
- Preparation of private rulings and notices of objections
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Laws
- Chartered Taxation Advisor
- Fellow Certified Practicing Accountants
- Registered Taxation Agent
Past career activities
During Brian’s tax consulting career, he has had many business engagements that have added to his understanding of client issues:
- Endeavour Foundation – Board director
- Brisbane Bandits Baseball – Chairman of Board
- Queensland Music Festival – Board director
- Board of Taxation – Advisory panel member
- QUT Creative Enterprises Australia – Board director and currently Chair of Finance Sub-committee